If you’re in the Real Estate industry, chances are you’ve been hearing about QR codes constantly. They really are The Next Big Thing, but you may not know how to create one, read one or even know what to do with one.
These are the simplest instructions that I can give you to start creating and using your own QR code:
- Go to Goo.gl (I’m assuming you already have a google/gmail account. If not, sign up already!)
- At the top you’ll see that it’s Google’s URL shortener, but it’s so much more than that!
- In the box, type in your website, a single property site, a YouTube video of a walkthrough, a welcome video – ANY web page that you’d like people to see.
- Click SHORTEN. You’ll see that it generated a shortened URL for you.
- Now go down a little further to where it says “Details” to the right of the URL you just added and click.
- This page will include all of traffic for the link, but it also has the QR Code that is now unique to that URL.
- Now, simply right-click the QR code and choose Save As. I have a folder titled QR Codes, and I simply save each code with the name of the web address that it points to.
And that’s it! It really is that simple.
Now, to scan them. Just go to your Smart Phone’s marketplace, search for QR Code and download a SCANNER. Some are mobile creators, so make sure it scans.
That’s it! There are tons of other QR Code creating sites such as Vyoo.it and Real Bird, but this process is designed to get you up and running quickly!
What are your favorite mobile sites?