Business systems are a must. Without them, many businesses with lots of potential will fail. You would be surprised at how many businesses are successfully operating because of having systems in place.
At the same time, many businesses are operating without a business system safety net, and this leads to an owner feeling trapped in their own businesses. If you feel this way, I can promise you that with the right system in place, your sanity will return.
A case in point?
- Without systems in place at your doctor’s office, you would have problems scheduling an appointment, getting your prescriptions, and getting simple questions answered.
- Your local fast food restaurant – without systems in place, there would be chaos.
- The US Postal Service – imagine it without systems in place.
Get the Results You Want
It’s not as complicated as you might think, but it must be done methodically.
- To begin with, take a look at all details that are a must for your business to succeed. This info will be needed to put procedures in place that will ensure these tasks get done.
- Break down each task into sub-tasks. What needs to be done, and in what order, for each task to be accomplished?
- Who will be accountable to make sure that this task is completed on time? You know who you can count on and who you can’t. Delegate to those you know will do the work.
- Have team meetings in place. They don’t have to be weekly if you have the right team in place, but they can do much to boost the morale of your team members.
Some fall into the category of knowing they need systems, but they simply don’t have the time. Is this you? If so, contact me, and we can work on setting up a custom system for your business. My clients will tell you that this is my specialty.