Most Real Estate Agents write a blog post or article, post it and forget it. Doing this creates more work for you and time lost. Instead, focus on writing really good articles and then recycle them over and over again to spread your message and get more out of each one.
Start by writing 3 really good articles that answer the questions the people in your target market are asking. Now is the time to position yourself as the expert and really think about the problems that these people face, the issues that you can help them solve (are they facing foreclosure?), what is stopping them from reaching out to you, what is making them angry or upset.
Brainstorm a bit, talk to people in your area about what they think, and then write all of your answers down on paper or a whiteboard.
When you sit down to write your first article, try to be very specific about their problems. Get really detailed about it so that they can feel it; trigger an emotion that says “Yes! This person understands my problem! He’s not just a Real Estate Agent who is after my money, he cares about my community!”
Be authentic, be real, and be genuinely concerned.
Now do it again, two more times. If you need time in between articles, that’s okay, just make sure to schedule some quiet writing time into your calendar so that it will actually get done.
Now here is where the recycling comes in:
- Post it on your blog and tweet it
- Post it on your Facebook Page. If you had any comments, mention an interesting one in the status update.
- Bookmark it on Digg.com and tweet it again
- Add it to your Linked In stream. (If you’re using HootSuite, schedule this out)
- Remove all links and calls to action, rewrite the first paragraph and change some things around. Submit it to:
- Bookmark it on Delicious and tweet it again
- Start writing your monthly, bi-monthly, or weekly newsletter. Add in an excerpt of this blog post with a link to “read more” back to the blog post
- Bookmark it on Stumble Upon
- Post the picture from your article (or video if you have it!) on Pinterest (if you’re unsure of how to use Pinterest for Real Estate, take my free 5 day email course.)
- Post it on Active Rain
- Add a link to it from a Single Property Website if it is in the community you are writing to in your article.
- Create a video about it, post it on You Tube and link it back to your blog post
Remember to be as definitive as possible. When you are clear about solving someone’s problem, the reader or viewer will be forced to think if it will solve their problem AND if it will help anyone they know.
If you know that this will help you, but you know you’re just too busy to do it all yourself, go to the Work With Me page and schedule a quick phone call to see how we can help you.